Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A little Q and A

So, I havn't updated the blog for a bit (mainly because I've been working hard, and havn't gone anywhere exciting!) However, I have had a bunch of questions repeatedly asked of me regarding my future. So I thought I would take this opportunity to update everyone on what's happening for myself and the wandering octopus!

Q: You're going to New Zealand???
A: Yes, actually, I'm surprised at how many people DON'T know I'm going to New Zealand.

Q: When are you leaving?
A: I will be leaving mid-february. My international student orientation begins on the 17th of February, so I should probably be in the country before that. I havn't got my plane tickets yet (soon I hope) so I don't know excatly when I'll be leaving!

Q: What city will you be going to?
A: Auckland!

Q: So it's official that you're going?
A: Yes! (and no) I have been accepted into AUT, I have paid my tuition, I even have a place to live when I arrive there. HOWEVER: my student visa is taking a while to be processed, and until I get that, (hopefully within a week or two), I can't enter the country for any long duration of time.

Q: What will you do once you're down there?
A: I honestly have no idea! I will be starting my Masters of Marine Sciences, which will involve me working in Dr. Steve O'Shea's lab. Dr. O'Shea is an expert on Giant Squid (and other awesomeness), so fingers crossed I'll run into one while helping him out! After a year I will begin my own thesis project!

Q: How long will you be gone?
A: A minimum of two years. It really depends on how quickly I can get my research done, or how much procrastinating I do. (I hear they have excellent diving in New Zealand).

AND... (drum roll please)... the MOST freqently asked question...

Q: Are you excited?
A: ...? No. (please note sarcasm) YES! OF COURSE I'M EXCITED!

I hope this answers some of your questions, if you have any more, comment below, and I'd be happy to answer them!

No comments:

Post a Comment