Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Octopus is safe and sound!

Hi everyone! As many of you have heard, judging from the amount of emails I received today, Christchurch had a very destructive earthquake hit it yesterday! Here in Auckland (the north end of the north island), we didn't feel a thing. I didn't even know there was an earthquake until I got home for dinner, and the news was on in the common room. Christchurch is on the South island, so it's no where near me.
I apologize for not letting everyone know I was safe sooner, however as i have mentioned before, the lack of internet here is causing me great stress. Everyone here is fine, and thank you very much for your concern.

Please keep the people in Christchurch in your thoughts and prayers. Last time I looked at the news the mortality count was 65, I can only imagine it has gone up since then. I am keeping the families who have lost loved ones in mind in the coming weeks, and i know that it's going to be a difficult journey to not only rebuild the city, but to also pick up the peices of their lives.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're safe and sound. I, too have been keeping everyone affected by this in my prayers.
    Sad, my list is getting longer with all the devastation going on around the world.

    Keep safe and stay blessed always.

    Loving Hugs from your Cousin!!

    ReplyDelete