Monday, February 21, 2011

Auckland: Tropical Paradise!

So, I wake up from my first night in Auckland to this:



Which wasn't a big deal at 6:00 because i was still on vancouver time and was awake anyways. This beautiful, bright sunrise told me it was going to be a nice day (turns out it was raining in an hour, but that's besides the point)

Before heading off to explore most of the city, I checked my money situation. And by that I examined the coins to figure out what picture was on each one! I love the dollar coin here... mainly cause it features everyones favorite flightless bird!

Heather and I then went and found the lab we'll be working at. Turns out its just around the corner from where we're staying, literally 40 seconds from the front door! By the afternoon, the sky had cleared up and you could see the ocean from my window (look really far into the distance)
We went out again and found a really nice park, with lots of tall palm trees, and then went back to the apartment, as walking around all day in the sun wears you out!
I also have a great view of the skytower at night!

No comments:

Post a Comment