Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Octopus and the Graduate


I have finally graduated from University! (It's taken five years, so beleive me, to a perpetual student this feels like a big deal!) I now have a BSc in Biology from the University of Victoria (also known as bunnyland). My ceremony was very exciting. (I got a cold the day before, so I was a bit dozy the whole day) We were paraded into the auditorium, and everyone in the audience claps, and waves and takes pictures of you... you feel a bit like a celebrity. Then you sit for an hour until they call your name. You walk across the stage with a big grin on your face, the chancellor bops you on the head with a hat (it's true), and then you go back to your seat!
It's over! Just like that! You have a degree! (well, maybe there was a bit more pomp and ceremony than that)
I am so thankful for my family and friends for their support over the past five years.

What's next for me? Well, there's always a Master's Degree program down in New Zealand...BRING ON THE SQUID!

No comments:

Post a Comment