Thursday, July 4, 2013

Education Update

I'm afraid that the Wandering Octopus has not been on any fantastic adventures recently, so there have been no blog updates.  However, I would like to share with you what is going on in my life.

I have been working hard over the past two years working on a Master's degree at the Auckland University of Technology.  My thesis has been written and is currently being reviewed (insert dramatic music here).  It is 90 pages long, and over 20,000 words.  I feel extremely accomplished in the work I have submitted, and I am anxious to get the reviewed manuscripts back so I can begin working on the final edits.  However, this will not be happening until early August (so I have about a months break time).

I have been working at AUT over this semester, teaching an entry level scientific writing course, and invigilating final exams.  Now that all of that is done for the semester, I finally have a few weeks to breathe. 

My time in New Zealand is coming to a close, and I will be returning to Canada at the end of the month.  (But hopefully, I will have time to go on one or two more adventures with the Octopus before I fly out).  However, I hope to return here next year to begin a phD, as I am enjoying the topic that I am working on, and hope to expand my research to a larger group of squid! 

Thank you all for continuing to follow me, supporting me, and showing interest in my adventures!

Aaron & the Wandering Octopus

No comments:

Post a Comment